• Page 1 of 1
uCause Community » Recreation » Chat Room » our country! (they dont call us a third world country for nothing.)
our country!
13053121k0Date: Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 1:30 AM | Message # 1
Group: Senior Members
Awards: 0
this is my hometown. sad to say our country is poor. T.T

as you can see the river is dead. full of garbage. houses made on top of river so they dont need a contract. people trying to get garbage to sell in junkstores. and a little bit of trees. in a house its not just 3 or 4 people lives. its more than 10 or 20. thats how are country is. poor. i cant say that we are unfortunate. its just the people who lack discipline. but dont worry. i dont live there. but i walk there everyday just to go to school. it has a pretty foul smell.

Visit my Website: http://uCore.uCoz.com/ - It's worth a visit. Different approach on uCoz!
Still looking for members. Once I reached 50 members then I'll convert uCore to HTML5. YAY!!

Message edited by 13053121k0 - Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 3:47 PM

0 Thanked you For This Useful Post:
Maczo12310Date: Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 2:21 PM | Message # 2
Awards: 12
Well, thats sad. but just to let you know, I dont er any picture there.

Visit my Graphic forum board on uCause !!!

13053121k0Date: Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 3:47 PM | Message # 3
LoL. sorry about that. lemme edit that.

Visit my Website: http://uCore.uCoz.com/ - It's worth a visit. Different approach on uCoz!
Still looking for members. Once I reached 50 members then I'll convert uCore to HTML5. YAY!!

Maczo12310Date: Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 4:34 PM | Message # 4
Awards: 12
Ohh.. That houses,, the river.. ohh my god.. That has to be horbile to live like that, I feel sorry for your country.

Visit my Graphic forum board on uCause !!!

AnimorphDate: Tuesday, 2010-12-07, 7:33 PM | Message # 5
uCause forum Admin
Group: Developer
Awards: 73
damm i could never live like that surprised

13053121k0Date: Tuesday, 2010-12-14, 5:43 AM | Message # 6
in the philippines we have a song. ill translate it in english.

"have you ever cleaned yourself in a see of garbage, have you ever had christmas on the streets? that is our question! are you really one of us?"

its a song, more importantly, its the voice of the poor.

Added (2010-12-14, 5:43 Am)
---------------------------------------------
According to NY TIMES

MANILA — Expatriate businessmen in Asia perceive the Philippines as the most corrupt country in the region, according to a survey released Tuesday.

Singapore was ranked as the least corrupt of the 13 economies surveyed, followed by Hong Kong and Japan, according to the annual corruption survey conducted by the Political and Economic Risk Consultancy, based in Hong Kong.

"The Philippines has the distinction of being perceived in the worst light this year," the survey stated. "People are just growing tired of the inaction and insincerity of leading officials when they promise to fight corruption."

The survey, conducted in January and February, queried 1,476 expatriate executives in 13 countries and territories in Asia. The Philippines scored 9.40, where a score of zero is the least corrupt and 10 is the most corrupt.

In the 2006 survey, in which Indonesia was regarded as the most corrupt, the Philippines scored 7.80. Indonesia improved its score to 8.03 this year, a development that the report credits to a government anti-corruption campaign.

The report noted, however, that for the Philippines, Indonesia and Thailand, where corruption is systemic, "it is really splitting hairs to say which one has a worse problem."

"The Philippines has been getting the least amount of foreign direct investment, and the level of foreign capital flowing to its stock market is also less than in either Indonesia or Thailand," the report noted.

To the question "How effective is the judicial system at prosecuting and punishing individuals for corruption when abuses are uncovered?" the respondents gave the Philippines a score of 9.06, with 10 being "ineffective."

The poll is certain to rile President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, who has claimed that her government's efforts against corruption are bearing fruit. Arroyo hired Tony Kwok, an anti-corruption crusader from Hong Kong credited for stamping out corruption in the Chinese territory, as an adviser in 2005.

To the question "To what extent is corruption a deterrent to your willingness to invest and expand your business?" the Philippines scored 8.50, with 10 reflecting "a major deterrent."

Local corruption monitors confirm that graft and bribery in the Philippines remain rampant. Corruption has penetrated every level of government, from the Bureau of Customs down to the traffic police officers who pull over motorists to demand bribes.

Nearly $2 billion dollars, or roughly 13 percent of the Philippines' annual budget, is lost to corruption in the country each year, according to the United Nations Development Program.

RodrigoDate: Thursday, 2010-12-16, 5:05 AM | Message # 7
Awards: 1
About corruption I feel your suffer, neoliberalism ruined México cry

Well the town where i live it aint that bad, not much poor people just a handfull, where one of the richest towns in the region.

This a boulevard, i live near there like 2 blocks away.

I live in the outskirts of town.

the entrance to town.

The principal church

Center plaza.

I really miss the old goverment whe had they really do stuff but now with the stupidfied people of my town voted for a merchant from being not capacitated and acoholic dam what have whe entered cry .

In the town you can see lobos,camaros,corvettes and all and that it is a town.

The next close city is ugly as hell, the entrance is good but center hell it is scary.

Only education can kill corruption. with education whe can have better goverments.

"Ante la victoria hay que ser humilde y orgulloso ante la derrota"

uCause Community » Recreation » Chat Room » our country! (they dont call us a third world country for nothing.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

"Making uCoz web designs simple and easy to use"
- uCause Developers